Friday, June 29, 2012

i'm a big metal fan

I was painting in my studio on this hot day while this fan blew cool air in my direction. I posted this photo online earlier because I wanted to share how pleased I was that such an old appliance still works perfectly. The reliable "Eskimo". The only thing it doesn't do anymore is oscillate, but I like it pointed right at me anyway, and in a 100 sq-ft space, that works. The title of this post is from a jokey illustration my nephew sent me a link to, though I confess that I'd have come up with a similarly goofy pun. The other link someone sent me was to a Vija Celmins painting of a fan, which I liked.
This piece is only 6"x6" acrylic on wood, and it's from '09, and I've since sold it, but I was thinking of making a bigger version. Since I am such a fan of this fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment