Sunday, June 24, 2012

shoe-shine

Last week I drove by the Drive-By Gallery, which is part of Lift Trucks Project in Croton Falls, NY. Actually, I had made an appointment to see the space, so it wasn't a true drive-by. I had seen the show online (click the link to read more) and wanted to see it in person, as well as meet the artist who runs the gallery and has a painting studio upstairs. I liked the idea of a storefront exhibition, and I liked this collection of old, mostly Depression-era shoeshine boxes on display. I also had a great meeting with the artist, Tom Christopher, and showed him some samples of my work. 

 I'm just adding the below photo to indicate that I recently made these postcards. For sale at several places in Beacon including Tas Kafe & Clay, Wood & Cotton, and directly from me, for only $1 each. Not everyone wants to wear a dummy light on their shirt, but this town has lots of visitors and not many postcards celebrating esoteric but beloved local objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment