Tuesday, June 19, 2012

banner up

The banners went up on Beekman St over a week ago, but I was out of town for a few days, so I was very excited to see mine waving from a lamppost in all its 13-ft glory. Speaking of posts, I may add to this one later. The original painting (below) is 12"x16", so imagine my thrill at seeing it so big, and it fit the odd shape just the way I had envisioned. The banner presents a cropped vertical slice of Mack truck, just as it might appear if it were hurtling down the highway toward you, larger than life.


From beaconcool.com, the website accompanying the banner project, on my work:
"somewhere in beacon, and on occasion points elsewhere, the waltons never left television. old things, not forgotten, just out of view, sit and fade into our history and nostalgic memory. but there’s the rub, or in this case the turtle wax: one glimpse at our ancestral technologies lets us travel, ever so briefly, through time. A cloud of yesteryear heading out to points unknown, from the Citgo, this afternoon."

No comments:

Post a Comment