Thursday, February 2, 2012

elbow room



Note to self and whoever else might think it was fine idea to throw paint bottles, imperfectly closed, haphazardly into a suitcase: NOT advisable. I get a few points for having put them in ziploc bags first, so the mess was not as frightful as it could've been, but still.
If I continue to travel like this, with paints, I'll have to come up with a better packing plan so they remain upright. I am glad I noticed before several more days had elapsed. I also discovered this spillage at the same time that the dog came roaring into the house, all muddy paws and exuberance, fresh from outside.
At the used bookstore I found a vintage (50's or 60's?) guide for "Unspoiled Vermont", assuring me that surprises and thrills await me in this country made for happy motoring. I've never been there, but I have a feeling that it's still fairly 'unspoiled'. "Elbow room to move about.. a scenic paradise that somehow defies a close comparison with any other American region.. there are few acres that would not make a worthy subject for the artist's brush". And glowingly it goes on. The other image is a magazine cover I also found, and liked the illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment