Tuesday, June 4, 2013

retro rally

I have five or so paintings in this upcoming Retro Rally car and art show at Cornell Street Studios in Kingston (168 Cornell St). I didn't have to think for very long whether I ought to enter. It's been a while since I got to simultaneously exhibit my work AND look at classic cars, not since a few years ago when I set up a table at a few auto shows. I did enjoy checking out the cars, though I found it to be a more remote kind of appreciation. I will be heading back from the Catskills this Saturday, so I'll dig up a suitable frock and see the show on my way back to Beacon.
I would post the selected works but I already have, at some point or another. I believe the show runs through August.

Okay, these are two of the paintings. After all, one can never see them enough. Ice Cream Signs (after Burckhardt), 36"x36" oil on canvas, and The Spot, 9"x11" acrylic on wood.


No comments:

Post a Comment