Friday, July 8, 2011

life by the bucketful




Looks like another of this blog's favored topics will be food, currently fruit-gathering. Following on the heels of last week's strawberry picking, I went up to a farm in Hudson yesterday and returned laden with no less than 25 pounds of sour cherries. I did have help in obtaining this vast amount, and hopefully will have help pitting 'em all too. Plans include pie, freezer jam (I can't can), cobbler, and bread. From the photos I took in the cherry orchard, I also plan to make a painting, in a similar vein as the grass painting I did at the farm. That one was from direct observation (immersion in the green), and so I'm more into the 'working from life' idea now, but it's not always possible. I actually haven't painted in a week and, needless to say, it feels strange! Still, I know I will soon. It feels good to reconnect with people and get back into the swing of things around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment