Saturday, May 4, 2013

spring fourth




I went up to Rhinebeck today with a couple of friends to deliver my Watermelons & Ice Machine painting for the Art Along the Hudson show (opens May 15 at the Betsy Jacaruso Gallery). Not only was it a beautiful spring day for a drive and slight change of scene, but apparently this weekend was the annual Rhinebeck Car Show. So without having to attend, we still spied plenty of classic cars coming and going from the fairgrounds. Add to that a trip to the honey shop, where we bellied up to the honey bar to sample numerous spoonfuls, a late lunch at a favorite restaurant to which I'd received a gift card (thanks mom!), and an hour or so of agreeable meandering around town, and you have one satisfying afternoon. This evening, I went to an opening at the Ann St Gallery in Newburgh. Last night, I hit two art openings in Cold Spring, so I've gotten in a good weekend of local art-seeing already.
Couldn't get a good photo of this bubblegum-pink car, but he saw us looking and released a burst of flames from the tailpipe.
All these jazzed-up cars rolling through town.
Back in Beacon, the current show at Catalyst looks great-- DOGWORKS, sculpture and painting by Ed Benavente, which runs through tomorrow, May 5.
This is what happens when your gallery is across the street from the ice cream shop.

I repainted the background of Gray Wheelbarrow after my friend tactfully pointed out a big smudge I'd been trying to overlook. It's better now. This one will be in a group show locally, at bau.

No comments:

Post a Comment