Thursday, March 21, 2013

pop up


It's a bit early to start talking about popsicles again, but I'm mentioning this project because someone recently asked about purchasing several of these popsicle paintings I made a few years ago for a Windows on Main installation in Beacon at Zora Dora's. They were for sale (at $12 a pop) and still are. I wrote to her, "Pick your flavors!" 
I had based most of them on the colors and flavors of whatever was in the case; I loved the popsicle palette. I am very much looking forward to the shop's reopening-- the owner stops selling pops for the winter-- he uses seasonal fruits and unique ingredients to craft them. 
This was my modest tribute, 2 dozen pieces, all 6"x6" acrylic on wood. 

Last spring I made this painting below of four pops in a row. Every year I am inspired anew, the same way that I annually find myself painting a daffodil or a pansy.


No comments:

Post a Comment