Wednesday, March 13, 2013

paintingview

13 of my paintings are on the walls this month at the Riverview, a very nice restaurant in Cold Spring. They are mostly from the past few years; nothing brand new, but I was just referred to the owner by a mutual friend and the paintings were ready to hang. Interested people can contact me directly. It is good exposure and a chance to see the work in another context, for example, I liked the Casa Grande painting of the dusty bottles hung next to the bar, with its own shelves of gleaming glass bottles, and the Coca-Cola sign opposite. I was also finally able to show the 36"x36" Apple Branch, which doesn't quite "go" with my other work in the same way, but looked just right in the dining room. Now I want to go there to eat! Or at least get a drink. While I was writing this post, I got a great email from a local designer who liked the paintings, so we're off to a good start.

Truck stop dining.

Branch kind of floats since the canvas is nearly the same color as the wall.

Three places along this wall: NYC, Key West, New Mexico.

Take the train, have a Coke (or something stronger), stay at a motel

There really are more than 99 bottles on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment