Friday, October 12, 2012

moods

These two are older pieces I recently came across. The many moods of pumpkins, in preparation for Halloween- I did this a few years ago while painting with my young niece. 

This one below is from school (so we're talking over 10 years ago), in a drawing class I liked a lot because we worked from the model and were urged to focus on line & contour, making very decisive marks. I remember feeling challenged, but I believe that the work I do currently reflects the eye/hand I developed there. Three poses I put together in a tableaux to amuse myself, adding some details. 


A Very Important Person: This picture is from one of the old train brochures amid the loaned box of road maps. For some reason, I found myself looking at it and reading the text for a long time. I can't explain why.

No comments:

Post a Comment