Tuesday, May 1, 2012

happy blogiversary

A year ago today, I woke up in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico, on the first day of my one-month artist residency. This also means that my blog is one year old, as I started it right before I left. The prospect of 2 consecutive residencies (my first) in interesting places provided the impetus to begin. Here's the link, I think, to my first few posts. I am feeling a bit nostalgic for my time there, but I know I will make it back eventually. What a wonderful month it was! I am continuing to draw on my photos and memories of the place as inspiration for current work. Also, it is a reminder that I can make stuff like that happen for myself if I really want to, even if it means 'upending my stability' as I put it (and it is still rather upended).
As for Open Studios this past weekend, it went well and I am mostly recovered. This part of the job always does tire me out, but it energizes me too. Talking to people, both at the pop shop where I showed my paintings, and at the parties in between. I get good ideas if I can only remember them. My mother kept me company much of the time, which was so nice. I sold some work; also rather nice. Yesterday to balance out all the talking, I spent hours quietly weeding in a friend's garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment