Wednesday, October 1, 2014

no small matter


I'm pleased that three of my paintings were accepted to Small Matters of Great Importance, the Edward Hopper House's annual juried show in Nyack, NY. The show will run October 25, 2014 - January 4, 2015, with a reception on Saturday, October 25, 2-4 pm.
I have entered before (see hopper to hauser) but the only time I was in this show was 2006, so it will be nice to see my work there again, in the house where Hopper grew up. The 2014 theme is 'En Route'. It being a theme of mine as well, I had no trouble finding images to submit. Sometimes the juror agrees with me. I did not get selected for the 'Under 40' show at WAAM (in Woodstock), but as the only common link is having yet to complete one's fourth decade, there is no way to know what kind of show it will be, or whether one's work stands a chance. If under 40 means edgy, I suspect I'm always out of the running. Though I got in a couple years ago. The funny thing was that I was one of the few artists who attended the opening, and nearly everyone else in the room was well over 40. Yes, I need to search for new shows to enter, new galleries, probably new cities. Build a house on top of a truck bed and just start knocking down doors.



No comments:

Post a Comment