Saturday, September 27, 2014

self portrait

I made a new painting that will be included in a show opening tonight Sat Sept 27, called Narcissism and the Self-Portrait, at Ann St Gallery in Newburgh. 104 Ann St. Reception is 6:30-8:30pm. It will be up through Nov 22. More info about the show and the gallery at the link. 
I will try to replace this with a better photo; this one makes it look all soft and faded out, but in fact it is much darker and the brushstrokes more evident. I guess I am making a point to emphasize this because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I am pleased in the end by its texture (invisible here) and my ability to create a semblance of my appearance in paint- a rare attempt, and one I was glad to receive the challenge to have. I am lounging against an antique Packard, peach in hand.
The painting, The Rest is History, is 13"x20" acrylic on wood.




No comments:

Post a Comment