Thursday, August 14, 2014

square hojo's

Here's the painting in the 'Famous for 12 Inches' show at Castle Fitzjohns Gallery (98 Orchard St) now through Aug 22. You're supposed to visit the show in person, then vote (for me!) by sending an email to info@castlefitzjohns.com and putting my name as the subject line. The artist w/the most votes gets a year's representation by the gallery. My friends and I decided that the results could be a bit skewed- popularity vs quality- but it draws attention to a nice gallery and it got me down to the lower East Side to talk to a few people, after fueling up with a pineapple margarita down the block.
There was a large variety of media applied to all those 12"x12" surfaces. Mine is factory-made high-pigment acrylic paint on canvas. Pthalo turquoise, cadmium orange, mars black and palest blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment