Saturday, January 18, 2014

wintermission

Instead of launching into a big story of why it's been 17 days since I last posted (no precise reason at all, aside from apparently waiting until I had a couple of new little paintings), I'll just begin anew. I spent some hours in my little studio for the first time in awhile. I stacked more wood, saw some art, took down the Small Works show at Catalyst and put up some of our own paintings for the two weeks before the next show. I was glad to have the opportunity to display my Edsel hubcap next to the painting of the car itself. Balmville Motel (oil) and Hershey's Cocoa (acrylic) are based on two sketches I already had, but never made paintings from. Both 7" x 8.5". The others are not new but it's good for the old ego to see the pieces up alongside each other. Think it will be a good year.









No comments:

Post a Comment