Monday, September 2, 2013

at erpf gallery





These are my two pieces in the show that opened Aug 24 at the Catskill Center's Erpf Gallery in Arkville. It runs through Oct 25 and features 20 artists and writers that have participated in their residency program at their Platte Clove cabin. (Here's a recent post I wrote about it.) A slightly better photo of the leaf painting, 8"x10" oil, and the other is an 11"x14 drawing.
It was a nice opening and gave me an excuse to spend the rest of that sunny afternoon driving through the Catskills, buying plums, peaches and an ice cream cone, stopping in the towns of Margaretville, Phoenicia, where I found a leaf-colored vintage blouse at a store called The Mystery Spot, and Woodstock, where I dined healthily at the Garden Cafe. I love the whole Catskills-bordering-the-Hudson-Valley area, and enjoy every mini road trip I make there.

No comments:

Post a Comment