Tuesday, August 28, 2012

grow light

In the week since I got back, I've been doing a lot of painting and some wood-stacking. My first goal was to finish four paintings I had been in the middle of, not that they will necessarily be in the show, but I wouldn't know for sure until they were done. Then I planned to start a couple more and see how it went. Amazingly I am focused and it's happening. 
More photos from the trip of some things I liked:
overflowing planters on one of the industrial buildings at Bergamot Station

outside the Santa Monica Museum of Art


From a gallery-owner's personal neon-sign collection. A neon milk bottle?

I had never seen anything like the desert garden at Huntington Library & Gardens in Pasadena

green bamboo in the Japanese garden there

at Inn Paradiso in Paso Robles, one of the most terrific places I have ever stayed (and possibly ever will)

on the last day of the trip, shortly before driving out of Big Sur

No comments:

Post a Comment