Wednesday, September 14, 2011

the spot



The Spot is a new painting on wood, 9"x11". Bliss Coffee Can, 8"x10", is from earlier this year, but I recently reworked part of it and hadn't posted it before, and I like how the two look together. Today I made some new prints (digital inkjet, archival), with the indispensable help of a friend. Prints are for sale directly from me (erica@ericahauser.com) and at Clay Wood and Cotton, a store in Beacon, and on their site. I hope to make more in the coming weeks. I will also have postcards of that new blue pickup truck painting (Blue International), which I'll be sending out to let people know about the Beacon Open Studios, happening the weekend of Sept 24-25. The website features a map and info on all the participating artists and other things going on. It should be a good time, there are a couple of parties, and I like seeing other people's work even though it can be tricky to scramble 'round and see other studios while trying to mind your own.
The event, in its 3rd year, reminds me how fun it is to be a part of this community. Especially since so many of us will drop out of sight for a time, making work, living our lives, needing to spend time alone to do what we do, but also needing the stimulation of being around others. At least I need both these things, and I'll wager that others appreciate that aspect of this place, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment